Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Life at the Beach

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Claire and I geared up and headed down to Rehoboth to hit the boards for a while. I had visions of arcade games, boardwalk fries and toes in the sand. And then the traffic. Part poorly planned construction, part tourists, part too many people have moved here lately. So it was a quick U-turn and plan B for us.

We played miniature golf instead. There's a place behind the movie theater that we've never tried. There was hardly anyone there and we had so much fun. Just the two of us. And if you're curious; Claire picked a pink ball and mine was orange. We didn't keep score but I'm pretty sure she won ;).

It was still early so we ran home to get some beach stuff (and the camera) and headed to Lewes Beach (via Dairy Queen). What a gorgeous day! Claire played in the sand and collected rocks and I took pictures and soaked up some sun. By the time the bugs started biting we were ready to go.

Tomorrow is busy....picking up Jess at her Dad's for her follow up scoliosis visit. Crossing my fingers on that one. I'm so worried that it will have gotten worse. Then straight to the barn and home by dark. Going to stop in and see my grandfather while we're up there too. Yesterday was his 85th birthday!

Time to put Claire to bed. Until next time...

No comments: