Saturday, February 28, 2009

I need new albums!

Hard to believe that I actually scrap enough to fill up entire albums but it seems that's the case. I was just showing Hannah the pages I got done at Dana's a couple weeks ago and when I tried to put them back in their spot they wouldn't fit.

So I thought...I'm just going to do it. Sort them by kid, put them in date order and PUT THEM AWAY!

Easier said than done. Oiy.

I started with Hannah. Her pages were all in a post bound album still so I got out a new American Crafts album and started over. I wasn't going to open those new AC albums because I want to switch to the We R Memory Keepers leather D-rings, but I had no choice. I haven't scrapped as many pics of Hannah (for lots of reasons none of which are because I love her any less) so her pages all fit nicely into the album.

Then I tried to work on Claire and Jessica's pages but didn't get very far. I didn't feel like taking apart the old post bounds to put in older pages (when eventually I'll trade them) and don't have any new albums for the newer pages.

What I need is to buy about 16 brand new WRMK albums and start completely over. But at 30ish dollars a pop that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I knew I should have gotten them before Jonathan quit his job.

So I put them all back in the 12x12 box, shoved them on the shelf and tried to put it out of my mind. And I suppose that will work until my next crop with Dana when I add another dozen or so pages to the mix.

Here's another of the pages I scrapped in 2008 and never got posted anywhere. This is Jess at one of her many band concerts. It was only 2 years ago but she looks so young to me here!



Back to scrapping for me. Until next time!

2 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Love this page, Karlyn! It's so bright and vibrant... just looks fun! LOL about the album dilemma. I have soooo many pages to put away, it's not even funny and I don't want to think about it.

Elizabeth said...

I love your LO.

I'm having album issues too. I need a few albums and refills to put my LOs in. I've also started using d-ring album too. One day they all will be put away.