Wednesday, April 16, 2008

all thoughts and NO action

I need to turn all these well thought out plans about my state of physical fitness into something I actually accomplish every day. Well, at least 4 or 5 days a week. Not only do I have some events coming up that I want to look WAY better for but I'm just generally not in good shape at all. And every day I think; I'm going to start doing this and stop doing that and when I'm here I'll walk instead of sitting and I'll cut my portion sizes and on and on and on. I've really got the right idea in mind but that's just it...it's only in my mind.

So how do I get from plans to action? Why do I think today will be the day and it never is? How could I want something so badly and yet never do a single thing about it?

Where's the magic switch??

Since AllyScraps has been down I've been thinking about blogging again. Have to get my random thoughts out somehow right? So I thinking that maybe I'll document my daily actions towards my big plan of getting fit and looking good. If it's in my face in black and white I can't hide. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I'll call today Day 1. Of course, I get this big idea when I have 10 minutes left before the afternoon shuffe but at least it's out there for all to see. And I did just come inside from an hour of gardening so that has to count for something.

What I want you to do...my 2 random readers...is keep me in check. Get in my face and let me know I've skipped 2 days. Remind me that fruit is just as good as Wheat Thins. Be my cheerleader.

Thanks!

No comments: