Friday, March 10, 2006

Happy Friday!

Another week just zipped by...did you blink? Around this house if you blink you miss it. We are busy, busy folks. Our days are full but it's all by choice. We lead full, happy lives.

So anyway. Today is an important day. Friday, March 10th, 2006. I've been looking forward to this day for at least a month. Today is the day that Rita's opens for the season. If there's ever a sign that spring is on it's way, that's it! So tonight, I'll be having a "meal replacement shake" for dinner. No, not Slim Fast. A Rita's Misto. Oh how I love my Rita's!

Jess is home sick. I was hoping her headache, sore throat, sniffles and coughs were allergy related (I know mine are kicking me in the butt) but she woke up this morning and was just plain SICK. She's got a Pony Club mounted meeting tomorrow...hope she can make it. The mounted meetings are the best. And tomorrow's theme is bareback gymnastics. FUN!

Hannah leaves for Florida on Sunday. She's about to jump out of her skin with excitement. I hope this trip turns out to be everything she's expecting. Sometimes when you build up to something like this it's easy to be disappointed. Somehow though, I don't think this will be one of those times. Her and couple friends are doing some shopping for the trip tonight. They are taking the train down and it's about a 24 hour journey so they want to be prepared with snacks and stuff. Good time ahead!

I changed my PEA title this morning. I have a goal (scrapping related) this year to earn a spot on a design team. I've only applied for 2 or 3 so I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten there yet. One of those was long ago too so I don't really count that effort. But I'm starting to REALLY want it. Bad. I recently didn't make one and I'm not surprised...the team they picked is FABULOUS. And luckily, I don't take these disappointments to heart. I've got thick skin and a realistic view of how it all works and where I am on the scrap food chain. But I changed my title as sort of a little prayer to the scrapping gods. It now reads: desperately seeking DESIGN TEAM work. Hope it works!

Speaking of scrapping, hoping to get some scrap time in this weekend. Seems like lately Monday and Tuesday are the only days I can seem to get anything done. Course, I had one of those wicked sinus headaches that turns into an "I can't function or speak coherently" headaches. Was a rough one too...I was pretty wrecked for a couple days. Not my favorite part of Springtime for sure.

Think we'll watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose tonight. Looks fabulous.

Have a super day!

No comments: