Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Random Catchin Up Post

  • Jess had a birthday. Turned 12. Had a super day with friends, movies, dinner, Cold Stone cake and presents.
  • Jess got rolled on by (luckily) a small pony during her Monday lesson. She was INCREDIBLY lucky. She stayed pretty much under the saddle which made a bit of a tunnel for her. Only one leg got the brunt of the horse's weight. She finished her lesson but had to skip the next day. She was a bit achey and tired. The more I think about this the more freaked out I get. Some really horrible things could have happened to her. I'm trying to put it behind me.
  • Hannah was in a Prom dress fashion show at the high school. Wowsers, she looked like Cinderella in some dresses and a movie star on Oscar night in others. Too bad for me that the photos are not so hot. I just don't have the lens for low light action shots. Not that she was dancing or running, but any movement at all and I get blur. I really need a new lens!
  • Hannah is leaving for Florida for a week on Sunday for the Chemistry trip. I don't think she could be any more excited. Key West, Miami, Orlando with all your best friends and NO parents. Heck, I almost wanna go!
  • Claire is Claire. Sweet and cute and stuck to me like glue. Though she is getting better. It's been almost a year since Hannah's Mom died and I think her little brain is starting to realize I'm not going anywhere. At least for a while.
  • I've been scrapping. And liking what I do (for the most part). I've actually submitted a few pages and am working on a couple design team application projects. I really do think I'd make a fantastic DT member. I hope to get to prove that to someone soon.
  • Trying to lose weight. Lots of it. It's been 8 days and I've only lost 1.5 pounds but honestly I'll take it. Seems like I've gained 10 pounds a year for the last three so any step in the right direction is a good one. Waiting for spring so I can get out and walk. The treadmill and I do NOT get along. Meantime I've cut out most of my snacking, I'm trying to drink lots more water and have reduced my portions. Slow and steady wins the race!

Hope all is well with anyone that happens by here. I don't post often enough for regular readers so if you've been here, please say HI!

Have a good one.

No comments: