Monday, May 01, 2006

I survived!

It was a crazy, busy weekend but we made it through. Here's the recap:

  • dropped Jess & Brooke off at Trey's (Jessica's boyfriend!) baseball game Friday night. They had a blast. Trey's team won (he's the catcher) 10-2. Brooke spent the night.
  • recital ticket sales - waited in line Saturday morning for just over 3 hours. I was 3rd in line...got 30 great seats! I played fair (didn't hog all the best seats) too.
  • took Brooke and Jess (and Claire) to the barn for their ratings exam. Jess passed - she's now a D3 Pony Clubber. Heard she exceeded the standard on every question!
  • raced home, showered & loaded everyone up (including 2 of Hannah's friends) for the drive to New Castle. Met Dad & Vicky, Doris and John & Suzanne and their kids at Casablanca for dinner. What a blast! Awesome food (7 courses), fabulous belly dancing and great company. I think Hannah really enjoyed having everyone together for her birthday celebration. Jonathan left from there for a hotel at the airport. He's now in Orlando at a CIMA conference.
  • up early Sunday and got the grocery shopping done. Whew! Hannah went to work (she is really liking her new job at Azafran) and we cleaned house.
  • Claire's dance pics were at 1:50. I was late (forgot the dance bag) but it went smoothly.
  • Jessica's dance pics were at 5:20. We were on time, they were not. Didn't get out until almost 7:00. Picked up Chinese on the way home.
  • Hannah's pics were at 7:45. I was going to leave Jess with Claire (after she was in bed) so I could go take pics myself but was too creeped out leaving them home alone in the dark.

At that's that! Weekends like that make me appreciate Mondays so much. And since I'm pretty caught up on laundry, the house in clean and dinner is already in the crockpot, I'm going to try to get some scrapping done. I'm behind on my list of projects.

Before I go...a little blog challenge from http://www.allyscraps.com/index.asp :

1. If you go back and change anything in your teen years, what would it be and why?

I was awful to my Mom. Not always, but there was chuck of time (when I was 17th) that I was rude and disprectful. It was the last thing she needed being a single mom. I'm so glad we have such a good relationship now.

2. If you could go to heaven for an hour to see a loved one, who would you pick and why?

My maternal grandmother. She died when I was 8 (cancer). I don't have too many specific memories but I feel wrapped in love just thinking of her.

3. What is one thing you can NOT do without besides your family?

My car. I pretty much live in it.

4. What your dream day consist of?

A clean house, my (non-bickering) kids and husband around me and lots of laughter.

5. How much time do you spend on the computer per day? and you can't say "too much" really try and figure it out.

So we really have to answer this one?? I'm going to go with 5 hours (not all at once) and then I'm going to try to cut down. Really I am.

That's all for now.....have a good one!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Goodness your day was busy! I think I need a nap after reading! Glad everything turned out ok. It's hard to leave your kids for the first time alone at night, no matter their age. :)