Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ahhh Belinda!

It's cleaning lady day. I just love these days. She comes every other Wednesday and it really does bring me much joy. I always leave (her preference) when she's here and when I walk in that door after she's gone I can feel my whole body relax. She shines the place up so much you can almost see the sparkles. Sometimes I think I should just have her come every week but then guilt takes over...I don't actually have a job after all...and I push that thought right out of my head. Besides, I think the magic would wear off a bit.

I'm going to take myself to the movies while she's here today. I've never done that. I usually run my errands and spend the rest of the time trying to figure out what to do until she's done. It's silly really. Driving around. Browsing in stores where I don't really want anything. Drinking too much coffee. So today I'm going to get my errands done and take myself out. Think I'll see Brokeback Mountain. Not sure though, have to check times.

The week is getting busy all of a sudden. Jess dances tonight, Claire has gymnastics tomorrow. Hannah will drop Jess off at the barn tomorrow then take herself to dance (thank goodness she can drive!). My grandfather moved yesterday and I'm going to drive up to Middletown on Friday while the kids are at school and help him unpack. Then I have to race back home to help Jess get ready for her semi-formal dance at school. She looks SO grown up in the dress we bought...I can't wait to see her when we get her hair done and she's ready to go. Sixth grade sure seems older now than when I was 11. Then it's up to Dover Saturday morning to take Jess to her Dad. I guess it's all the usual happenings but with Jonathan gone it just seems busier.

Well, I'm off. I've bored myself (much less my poor readers) and I've got cleaning to do before the cleaning lady arrives. That always makes Jonathan chuckle....but I've got to find the floor for her to be able to clean it, right!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Okay, I'm afraid now I'll be your blog stalker! :-) I think sometime when the wonderful cleaning lady comes you should drive over here to MD and we can meet at the new scrap store they are opening called Scrap-Masters. They'll even have coffe and a cafe' I'm in Bel Air so it's not super far!

SageHen said...

So dreamy. I would love to have someone come in and sparkle up my house.

monicaintexas said...

I love, love, love cleaning lady day =)