Friday, January 27, 2006

Frantic Friday

Busy day today!

My 85 year old grandfather (and his wife Gerry) moved this week and I'm going to go up to Middletown to help him unpack. I'm so happy they finally are getting this land sale figured out and got in this house in a retirement community. They do not need to be taking care of a big yard anymore. In this community, they're on their own but don't have to worry about maintenance. So Claire and I are trudging up the highway (an hour and a half) to see how helpful we can be. They've been in a few days already but I'm sure there's still lots to do. I'd be able to get more done if she were in school but of course they had a half day today and it's the one time Julie had plans this afternoon. Ah well, she can miss a half day of Kindergarten and I'm sure my grandparents would love to see her. I just hope I can keep her entertained there while I'm working. Going to load up on DVDs (and Jessica's portable player), work books and Sweet Streets.

Jessica's semi-formal/dressy/fancy (school can't seem to figure out what to call it) dance is tonight so we're racing home after to help her get ready and put her hair up. Oh and take pictures. LOTS of pictures. Gosh they grow up fast.

Finished and submitted my BH sketch yesterday. Then I saw on TwoPeas that some folks were getting confirmations from CK. This put me in a panic because of course I didn't get one. Not that I think I'm really going to get a call but I'd at least like to know they got it. I did some searching at Gmail and they try to resend for a WEEK and if it doesn't go through it bounces back to spam. So I resent through my cable's email. They either got it twice or not at all. Either way, I hope the calls go out soon so I can post the darn thing. My gallery is getting stale.

I've got a fabulous layout floating around in my head. Hope to have some time (and a great photo) to put it together tonight. Also really hoping it turns out as fab as I'm picturing it. Course, that's what I'm always hoping!

I'm off. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You DO have a busy day! Have fun!