Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Photo of the Day 1.4

(Had my first experience with losing an ENTIRE post just before publishing this morning. Isn't that loads of fun.)

Today's picture is of my daughter Hannah. Well, she's really my step-daughter but that's not such a fun term and a daughter is a daughter no matter how you got them so I just skip the step.

Anyway...

Today's photo is significant as it's the first taken with her new nose ring. That's right, yesterday we traipsed off to a place called Mystic Realm and got her nose pierced.

Honestly, I didn't think it was such a good idea when several months ago she asked if she could get it done. I was thinking....when she's tired of it in 5 or 10 years she's going to have this big HOLE in her nose. But she wore me down (it wasn't hard really) so we agreed and gave it to her as a Christmas present.

I wont go into the gory details, but it was a super simple procedure and hurt only enough to make her eyes water a bit. She's had her belly button pierced too and said that was much worse.

And in the end, it looks pretty cute on her!

In other news....

Today I'm going to start exercising again. Not only do I need to lose some weight...well, let me be honest...a bunch of weight, but I'm in horrible shape. It's been so long since I've worked out and I'm starting to notice it. We have a treadmill but walking on it bores me to tears so I dug out my old Tae Bo tapes and I'm going to give it a whirl. If nothing else, I'm sure it will entertain the dogs.

4 comments:

J and D said...

what a great moment to capture!

Jennifer S. said...

great picture, she's a good subject. The nose ring looks very cute!

Lorrie said...

OUCH!!! I can't imagine putting a hole in my nose, I sneeze all the time anyway! Have fun putting on a "show" for your dogs! lol

Rori Smith-Koch said...

I love nose rings...I don't have one...and have always wanted to get one. But haven't because I figured it would soooo painful.
I have had my belly pierced 3x and that wasn't bad at all. So it is nice to know that it hurts less,LOL!
She looks awesome with it.