Tuesday, January 24, 2006

a Sketch, a Tag and other Stuff

Well, I didn't quite make it with the whole do something 7 times in a row thing but I'm certainly improving. My problem is that most days I just don't have anything all that interesting to talk about. I mean really, who wants to hear my daily to do list or never ending desire to be a person that actually exercises or schedule of kid's activities?

I've got a few hours today and I'm determined to make something of the June sketch. I've had the photos and some paper on my desk for days but nothing is coming to me. I'm just not feeling it. It's a shame too because I need to scrap these photos and they work perfectly for this sketch. I think I've just been scrapping 1-3 photos per page for so long I forgot how to do more...never mind an actual two page layout. So I'm going to look at my past CK issues to get a better feel for the kinds of things they publish and make some serious headway (if not finish) on this layout today.

I got tagged again! This time by http://revlie.blogspot.com . These tags sure can be fun. I didn't really get the first list of 5 names so I didn't do it. And I'm not tagging anyone else because I think I must be the last one to do this one, lol.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was seperated from my (first) husband and running a home day care. Jessica was almost 2.

2. What were you doing one year ago?

Typical stay at home Mom stuff. Driving kids to school and activites, cooking, cleaning and so on. Looking forward to Jonathan and I's upcoming weekend in NYC to see Wicked.

3. Five snacks you enjoy.

I enjoy all snacks. That's my problem. I racked my brain though and didn't come up with any favorites.

4. Five songs, to which you KNOW all the lyrics.

Having grown up with serious Dead Heads and having seen them in concert 32 times, I pretty much know all the words to ALL the Grateful Dead songs. I know a bunch of Little Feat songs by heart, quite a few Rolling Stones tunes and so on and so on. I'm a lyrics person. I know the words to hundreds of songs. At least.

(I've heard that people either hear the music or the words to a song. I definately fall into the words category.)

5. Five things you would do, if you were a millionaire.

Just one million? And is that after taxes?

We're in pretty good financial shape these days so I'd probably spend most of it. Here's my list:

a. pay off credit cards, cars & plane
b. book a HUGE house somewhere tropical for a month (maybe two) and buy plane tickets for all my family
c. buy a house at the lake
d. visit my brother in Indonesia
e. put the rest in the kids' college funds

6. Five bad habits.

a. I don't take care of my own health (overweight, don't exercise, forget cholestorol medicine....)
b. I spend too much time on the computer.
c. I'm a BIG procrastinator.
d.
e.

(isn't that enough?)

7. Five things you like doing

a. taking pictures & scrapbooking
b. reading
c. watching my kids do their thing (ride horses, dance, play....)
d. traveling
e. watching reality tv

8. Five things you would never wear, buy, or get new again.

I don't know about this one....NEVER say NEVER. I can't really think of anything I might never do/wear/buy/get again.

9. Five favorite toys.

a. Digital Rebel XT
b. computer
c. cell phone
d. our camper
e. our plane
f. my scrap stuff

I know that was 6!

Now on to the other stuff!

Jonathan left today for the annual manager's meeting in sunny Florida. He'll be back Saturday night so until then it's just me and the girls. I always know I'm going to miss him but until he actually leaves I don't realize how lonely I'm going to feel.

Belinda comes tomorrow so I have to get the house organized. It's not too bad; I'm getting better about keeping it together on her off weeks.

Whew, this was long. If you're still here hat's off to you! Have a great one!


1 comment:

rev said...

Hi Karlyn,
Fun reading your answers, and hee, who is sporting if you can scrapbook...;-).

I'm also doing the sketch for June and July... keep my fingers crossed for you, if you can get it done in the deadline ;-)
Grz
Revlie